I restarted this blog because I love to write, it is one way for me to process my thoughts and feelings, it is a way for me minister, it is a way for me to unpack my brain.
My youngest daughter was born with imperforate anus and cloaca anomalies and she has a host of issues. In her short life (born in 2012) she has had 17 surgeries and is planning for her 18th. I stopped writing after her birth because I was so hurt, sad and angry. I didn't want to put my thoughts to paper anymore. If my thoughts were on paper, not only would I have to deal with them, the ugly truth was there in black and white. It was UGLY!
My brain became like a hoarders' home. In recent months, some things have been happening and God has captured my attention and I realize that I can no longer live with a brain that is packed full of stuff that doesn't need to be in there. Stuff that was never intended to be stored away. They are burdens, anxieties and fears, raw and not dealt with emotions, things that Jesus tells us to cast to Him. Things that I am told to lay at the foot of the Cross.
I have posted a few of my musings from my heart and head on my facebook and have had many people comment that I should write more often. I have had many people contact me privately and say that our venture in life and my transparency has been an encouragement to them and that I need to put my thoughts down more often.
So here I am today...writing...finally...I have decided today, I am staging an intervention on my hoarder brain. I am starting the adventure of unpacking the mess and the good stuff, the hurt and the joys of life....I am deciding to cast my burdens on Him.
Welcome to my journey! Buckle up! ;)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment